The WAGF Commission on Sexual Exploitation, Slavery and Trafficking (CSEST) invites you to pray
people are trapped in modern day slavery
- 24.9 million - forced labor
- 15.4 million - forced marriage
For every 1000 people in the world
- 5.4 are victims of modern slavery
- 1 in 4 victims are children
- Women and girls are disproportionately affected by forced labour, accounting for 99% of victims in the commercial sex industry, and 58% in other sectors
Not one person can do everything,
but everyone can do something.
WAGF Commission on Sexual Exploitation, Slavery, and Trafficking
Now I will break their yoke, from your neck
and tear your shackles away. Nahum 1:13
The CSEST strategic plan is Awareness, Action, and Advocacy. Advocacy is speaking up on someone else’s behalf. We believe that prayer is a vital way to advocate for victims of human trafficking.
Pray for the vulnerable and for the church to see the most at risk before they are exploited.
- James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
- We pray for single mothers struggling to care for their children. We pray for families displaced by conflict and violence. We pray for our communities to have eyes to see the distress of the vulnerable in our own neighborhoods. We pray that we will be a church that is not corrupted by greed and the world’s values. We pray that we are good stewards who wisely to support leaders who assure fair wages to those who produce the goods and services we use.
Pray for the rescued and for the church to serve and restore those broken in spirit and in body.
- Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.
- We pray for rescue from exploitation for labor and sex trafficking victims, and we pray for healing for those who have suffered physical and emotional trauma. We pray for a church that is ready to serve with hands that heal and restore both bodies and spirits that have been trapped in darkness, seemingly hopeless.
Pray for the local church to reach out to the most marginalized. These are the most vulnerable.
- Matthew 25:43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’